Since the summer is literally around the corner - and you know what that means... Party Season! We decided to collaborate with fellow entrepreneur and purse-a-holic, Jody- Ann from A Girls Next Best Friend. Jody-Ann talks about her tips for choosing the perfect handbag. Thanks Jody-Ann!
Choosing the perfect purse can sometimes be as difficult as choosing the outfit itself. To make your selection (and life) much easier, we're offering a few tips to make shopping a breeze...
- Purpose: When choosing purses always think of the event that you will be attending. For weddings, dinners and proms your requirements will be different from that needed at a conference, meeting, or lunch with a client. It is important to always shop with a purpose in mind to ensure your selection is suitable to your event.
- Size: The size of your purse is extremely important depending on the event you’re attending. A tote might be more appropriate for a day out with girlfriends, while a small clutch is more suitable for a wedding or evening event. Will you be dancing all night? Then smaller is always better.
- Colour: Choosing a purse colour is fairly easy if your outfit is already selected. If this is not the case, then go for neutral colours, these go great with almost anything and will blend flawlessly with the rest of your closet post event. If your event is on the fancier side something shiny or sparkly never hurts, gold and silver are perfect accents to little black dresses; Just think red carpet! While all these are true, let’s not forget colour. For the ladies who like to take it up a notch, selecting a purse with a pop of colour is guaranteed to keep all eyes on you.(Just the way we like it!) See a fuchsia clutch that is just begging to be bought? Go for it! Bright colours are great for spring and summer, and pairs well with neutral toned clothing.
- Compartments: Personally a purse with at least one small interior pocket is a must-have for me. It is the perfect place for storing business cards and contact numbers I collect during my daily interactions. Select a purse that is functional for your event, and think of what items you will be taking with you, and if your selection will be able to store all these items. So important for any women!
- Details: Pay attention to external details on purses when shopping. A purse with lots of external hardware might not work well for a clean, classy, business look, but pairs well with jeans and a blazer for a casual lunch. Take note of the extras!
An outfit is as perfect as its accessories, so do not be shy to experiment.
Jody-Ann is the owner of A Girl’s Next Best Friend, an online purse boutique that specializes in providing customers with fashionable purses at an affordable price. The first of its kind in Canada, A Girl’s Next Best Friend can be described as an online purse experience.